Complaints and Feedback

Suggestion BoxThe Scottish Courts and Tribunals Service

We welcome your comments and suggestions based on your experience of our services or our website and you can either send these to:


We know that we will not always get things right. When that happens the best thing to do is raise the matter right away and see if we can resolve it. If that isn’t possible our complaints procedure sets out how we will investigate and deal with your complaint and the timescales involved.

Other individuals and organisations are represented in court and below we list the contact details for those, not part of the Scottish Courts and Tribunals Service,  if you wish to make a complaint.

Members of the Judiciary

Decisions made by members of the Judiciary in exercise of their duties are only subject to review by the Appeal Courts.   If you have a complaint about the conduct of individual judges or sheriffs which is not related to a decision taken by them in exercise of their duties, there is a judicial complaints procedure which must be followed.


To complain about a solicitor you must contact the senior partner of the firm that acted for you. Or you can contact the Scottish Legal Complaints Commission  

Social workers

A complaint about a social worker is directed to the Chief Social Work Officer of the appropriate council. Details of the Chief Social Work Officer should be available on relevant council websites. Further information is available at How to complain about a public service

Police officers  

To make a complaint about a police officer you should use the Police Scotland form to initiate the process of making a formal complaint against one or more officers or members of support staff employed by Police Service of Scotland.

Crown Office and Procurator Fiscal Service

To make a complaint about this service or their staff call 0800 020 3000, email or write to Response and Information Unit, Crown Office, 25 Chambers Street, Edinburgh, EH1 1LA