The High Court of Justiciary
is situated on the eastern most section of the Lawnmarket, part of Edinburgh's Royal Mile, on the corner of Bank Street.
This is Scotland’s supreme criminal court, serving both criminal trials and appeals. Appeals are heard from the High Court, together with Sheriff Courts and Justice of the Peace Courts.
Built originally as Edinburgh's Sheriff Courthouse in 1934-37, the interior of this Neo-Georgian building was remodelled and converted in 2000 to house the High Court.