The Judicial Appointments Board for Scotland is inviting applications from suitably qualified individuals for the office of Sheriff.
There are five vacancies in the Sheriffdoms of North Strathclyde and Grampian, Highland and Islands for full-time and part-time posts and appointees would be expected to take up office from January 2018. The vacancies are:
- One full-time resident post at Greenock Sheriff Court;
- One full-time floating post based at Paisley Sheriff Court;
- One full-time resident post at Peterhead Sheriff Court;
- One full-time floating post. The base court will be agreed with the successful applicant but it is likely that a base court of Inverness Sheriff Court would be most suitable;
- One salaried part-time resident post based at Lerwick Sheriff Court.
Further vacancies may arise during the course of the appointment round and it is the Board’s intention to fill these vacancies from this appointment round.
Full information, including eligibility criteria, can be obtained via this link or by contacting the Board’s Secretariat on telephone number 0131 528 5101, by email at email@example.com or by writing to The Judicial Appointments Board for Scotland, Thistle House, 91 Haymarket Terrace, Edinburgh, EH12 5HD.
The closing date for applications is midday on Thursday 11th May 2017