The Scottish Court Service (SCS) is committed to mainstreaming equality and diversity and is developing a culture where equality and diversity are firmly established in the way we do our business.
Our approach is set out in our Equality Statement, Outcomes and Guidance document which outlines our commitments to treat everyone with courtesy and consideration and the specific actions we will take towards those people with protected characteristics specifically covered by the legislation.
The Scottish Court Service (SCS) will contribute to promoting equality in Scottish society by:
- Mainstreaming equality and diversity in the SCS.
- Promoting equality of opportunity.
- Providing responsive and accessible services for all court users which recognise their diverse needs.
- Ensuring that our workforce reflects the diversity of Scotland’s population and is supported by excellent employment practices.
- Challenging and eliminating discrimination, victimisation and harassment against court users and our workforce.
- Fostering good relations across all protected characteristics.
- Delivering meaningful equality outcomes for court users, for our workforce and for promoting equality.
Equalities Advisory Group (EAG) minutes
Equalities Advisory Group (EAG) members
Colin Lee (Chair)
Roshini Sharma Joshi
General enquiries firstname.lastname@example.org
Policy and Equality Impact Assessment - email@example.com
Any questions regarding Equal Opportunities firstname.lastname@example.org